OPPM Course Description
Planning and execution of operations are routine and iterative work of tasks, activities and events to successfully run any business. Identifying roles and responsibilities aligned with the control points of product development or process improvement are critical components of operations management. Project management, on the other hand, help operations management focus on the goal to create a unique product, service, or result. Effective and efficient balance between operations and project management activities are critically important for the success and survival of an organization. This training program is developed to teach knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to be a trusted partner in delivering projects with goals to implement changes and new technologies. At completion, Operations Managers will be able to take responsibility to create, manage, or involve in large or small projects with focus on successful delivery of products, services, and results.
What will you learn?
This course is designed to provide knowledge, skills, and understanding of systematic approach to managing different types of Operational Projects to expand performance of Operations Professionals in managing projects and leadership roles. In-house project management capability helps your organization minimize the need to hire external resources to run the projects, ipso facto OPPM Training offers the best return on your Investment.
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for this course is Operations Managers and Professionals with a focus on project management to deliver products, services, and results on time, withing budget, and expected quality.
- Operational activities and product development challenges inserted into use cases and sample projects throughout the course which will cultivate strong understanding and participation in class discussions.
- Project Management concepts, processes, terminology, tools, and techniques explained and well understood by the participants.
- Project scope, cost, schedule, quality, and risk concepts and potential impacts explained through customized examples.
- Learn to establish a structured approach to define roles and responsibilities for on-time and on-budget project delivery.
- The course is structured based on PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition. After completing this course, you will be able to apply project management framework, processes, tools, and techniques to plan and execute complex projects in your organization.
- Knowledge and tools provided in this training are already customized for Operations Management which can be put to immediate use.
- Project Manager plays an important role in accomplishing the strategic goals of the organization. Communication skills and techniques gained through this training will help develop effective approach to manage high-performance project teams along with improved relationships with senior management.
- At the completion of this course, you will be able to deliver more projects on time and within budget by correctly utilizing project management tools and techniques along with measuring project success.
|Introduction||Project Teams and Communications|
|What is Project & Project Management||Team Building while Planning|
|Knowledge Areas & Process Groups||RACI Chart|
|Project Life Cycle||Conflict Resolution Techniques|
|Stakeholders and Expectations||Motivation and Team Performance|
|Initiating a Project||Communication Models|
|Operational Project Plan & Project Charter?||Planing for Procurement|
|Create Project Management Plan||Make or Buy Analysis|
|Scope Management||Vendor Selection and Negotiating Techniques|
|Requirements Gathering Techniques||Product and Service Acceptance Process|
|Requirements Tracibility Matrix||Knowing the Stakeholders and Expectations|
|Define and Devise Scope Accurately||Holistic Approach to Identify Stakeholders|
|Adequate Work Allocation||Manage the Stakeholders or Expectations?|
|WBS and Work Packages||Maximum Support, Minimum Resistance. How?|
|Scheduling a Project||Project Plan Approval|
|Scheduling Processes and Techniques||Stage Gate Reviews and Go/NoGo|
|Responsibility Allocation Matrix (RAM)||Performance Measurement Baseline|
|Estimating Activity Duration||Change Control Board|
|Scheduling Diagram & Critical Path||When and How to Revise Baseline|
|Project Budgeting and Cost Control||Managing the Project|
|Elements of Budgeting||Control the Project Scope|
|Budgeting Tools and Techniques||Control the Quality Requirements|
|Budget Planning and Forecasting||Holistic Approach to Manage Schedules|
|Costs and Performance Baseline||Manage Costs|
|Earned Value Management||Manage Risks|
|Cost and Performance Reporting||Manage Project Communications|
|Planing for Quality||Manage Human Resource|
|Quality Control Tools and Techniques||Manage Stakeholder Expectations|
|Quality Metrics and Audits||Change Management|
|Cost of Quality||Status Reporting|
|Continues Improvement||Closing the Project|
|Planning for Risk||Final Project Activities and Reporting|
|Project Risk Assessment and Control||Project Performance Evaluation|
|Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis|
|Risk Response Strategies||OPPM Training Evaluation and Next Steps|
Register for OPPM Training
- Date: October 20, 2017
- Duration: 2 days
- City: Philadelphia,PA
- Training Inquiry: (856) 318-4283