Project Management Training for Finance Professionals
FPPM Course Description
Finance Professionals balance critical short-term tasks with long-term project activities. As strategic decisions quickly evolve into projects, Project Management knowledge and skills are essential to successfully execute Finance and Accounting projects. As financial calendar activities include monthly trending, quarterly trending, monthly closings, periodic reports, annual reports, etc., Finance Department initiates projects that involve across departmental business and technical teams. Also, organizational strategies with goals to automate processes for across-departmental integration or to implement new technologies require support from the Finance Department. At completion of this course, Finance Professionals will be able to take responsibility to create, manage, or involve in large or small projects with focus on successful delivery of products, services, and results.
What will you learn?
This course is designed to provide knowledge, skills, and understanding of systematic approach to managing different types of Finance and Accounting projects and expanding performance capability of Finance Professionals in leadership roles in your organization. In-house project management capability helps your organization minimize the need to hire external resources to run the projects, ipso facto FPPM Training offers the best return on your Investment.
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for this course is Finance and Accounting Professionals with a focus on project management to deliver results on time, withing budget, and expected quality.
Benefits and Objectives
- Financial calendar activities and challenges inserted into use cases and sample projects throughout the course which will cultivate strong understanding and participation in class discussions.
- Project Management concepts, processes, terminology, tools, and techniques explained and well understood by the participants.
- Project scope, cost, schedule, quality, and risk concepts and potential impacts explained through customized examples.
- Learn to establish a structured approach to define roles and responsibilities for on-time and on-budget project delivery.
- The course is structured based on PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition. After completing this course, you will be able to apply project management framework, processes, tools, and techniques to plan and execute complex projects in your organization.
- Knowledge and tools provided in this training are already customized for Finance and Accounting which can be put to immediate use.
- Project Manager plays an important role in accomplishing the strategic goals of the organization. Communication skills and techniques gained through this training will help develop effective approach to manage high-performance project teams along with improved relationships with senior management.
- At the completion of this course, you will be able to deliver more projects on time and within budget by correctly utilizing project management tools and techniques along with measuring project success.
|Concepts and Systems of Project Management||Project Risk Assessment and Control|
|Knowledge Areas & Process Groups||Qualitative & Quantitative Risk Analysis|
|Project Life Cycle||Risk Response Strategies|
|Stakeholders and Expectations||Project Resources and Communications|
|Prepare for Status Reporting||Team Building while Planning|
|Initiating a Project||Team Management and RACI Chart|
|Financial Business Case & Project Charter||Conflict Resolution Techniques|
|Create Project Management Plan||Motivation and Team Performance|
|Scope Management||Communication Models|
|Requirements Gathering Techniques||Planing for Procurement|
|Requirements Tracibility Matrix||Make or Buy Analysis|
|Define and Devise Scope Accurately||Vendor Selection and Negotiating Techniques|
|Adequate Work Allocation and WBS||Product and Service Acceptance Process|
|Project Scheduling||Stakeholder Management|
|Scheduling Processes and Techniques||Holistic Approach to Identify Stakeholders|
|Responsibility Allocation Matrix (RAM)||Manage the Stakeholders or Expectations?|
|Estimating Activity Duration||Maximum Support, Minimum Resistance. How?|
|Scheduling Diagram & Critical Path||Project Plan Approval|
|Project Budgeting and Cost Control||Stage Gate Reviews and Go/NoGo|
|Elements of Budgeting||Performance Measurement Baseline|
|Budgeting Tools and Techniques||Change Control Board|
|Budget Planning and Forecasting||When and How to Revise Baseline|
|Costs and Performance Baseline||Executing the Project|
|Earned Value Management||Ensure resourses and work packages aligned properly|
|Cost and Performance Reporting||Control the Project Scope and Quality Requirements|
|Planing for Quality||Holistic Approach to Manage Schedule, Cost, Risks|
|Quality Control Tools and Techniques||Manage Change Requests, Communications, and Stakeholder Expectations|
|Quality Metrics and Audits||Change Management Tools and Techniques|
|Cost of Quality||Closing the Project|
|Continues Improvement||Final Project Activities and Reporting|
|Project Performance Evaluation|
Register for FPPM Training
- Date: October 16, 2017
- Duration: 2 days
- City: Philadelphia,PA
- Training Inquiry: (856) 318-4283